Last week we presented our project ideas to a group for a critique. The idea for my project was puzzle game that could teach game development to high school level audience. Here is what I got out of the session:
- The layout and visuals need to be kept simple. This is because game development is a highly complex field to many but should not be made to feel as such.
- Navigation will be very important and should be implemented in as many ways and places as necessary.
- Feedback popups should show up where possible to indicate feedback about user actions or progress.
- This game can make this subject area fun to learn.
- This is a unique idea that has not really been explored in any games.